Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What Would You Do?

Man, I wish I would have had that gal take a picture!!
I pull into the Dollar Tree, I park on the east side of the parking lot, it has four cars lined up in a row and on the west side there are three.  I am holding Skylie on the left side of my hip and I begin walking away from my car.  As I am walking toward the store, I hear some strange sound, so I look behind me just in time to see a BMW rolling backward.  I took a double take and no one was inside!  I make a mad dash, yes, while holding my little girl, I'm not even thinking of anything except the damage that this car could possibly cause.  I get behind it and with only my right arm, I stop the car from rolling any further.  I'm standing there, "Did this really happen?" I am praying the person that owns this car comes out pretty quick.  Within minutes a cute little brunet comes out of the Dollar Tree and looks at her parking spot, then looks at me about 30 feet away.  I said, "Is this your car?"  In a startled voice, she says, "yes" with complete shock written all over her face.   "Your car must have started rolling as I got out of my car because it had just passed us."  She called me her angel and all I could say was, "I cannot believe your car rolled backward without hitting either car that was on each side of your parking spot  and missing all four cars in the row just behind it, not to mention, missing us.  Maybe I should get your number, you might be a lucky charm, your car didn't hit anything, you might be the luckiest person I know!" She thanked me several times and got in her car and drove away.   I felt as if I had just filmed a segment of What Would You Do.  What would you have done?  As for me, I realize I care far too much about other people, who knows what could have happened, but I think that is exactly how the world should be, we really should care more about each other.

Live the life we were meant to. 
Love as many and as much as you can.
Do it Out Loud as much as possible for the world to be inspired.

No comments: